Black Box Horsens is where roleplay and theater melts together. Together, you and your co-players, will be creating unique stories, beautiful scenes, and immersive experiences. Black box roleplay requires no preparation or prior knowledge, just the courage and will to throw yourself into it with heart and soul. It will be a weekend with room for reflection and exchange of ideas. A warm meeting place in the winter cold for old and new friends.
It works a bit different this year. You buy one entrance ticket, and then the scenarios are free. This is to underline the fact, that Black Box Horsens is a coherent event, like a weekend larp resort. Read more about the system here. Buy tickets here. You have to buy a Festival ticket, and then you can select one game per time slot.
Due to increased ticket sales, and a cancellation we have two new larps on the program. A mad improv comedy and a horror larp about children and monsters. Read about the two larps here, and remember the ticket sale is still open:
We have now added a page about transport to and from Horsens. You can find it here, under practical information.
The PDF edition of this years program is now online, read it here:
You will also get a printed edition when you arrive, so no reason til print it out. But browse it and get excited!
Friday – 20.00
- Fragile Lives (Starts at 18.00) The lost souls are searching through empty worlds, invisible to each other and unable to keep track of their experiences. “Fragile lives” is a poetic larp about loneliness and the beauty of fragile moments. The larp in played with an audience who can walk around and interact as visible or invisible presences.
- Before dawn To receive the deities’ forgiveness, a tribe gathers to sacrifice the one who is nearest to them all. The last night before the sacrifice, the tribe meets to drink one last toast together before choosing the beloved one.
- Frankenstein’s Creatures In a forest, creatures wake in their new bodies and discover who they are. When the world rejects them as ugly, twisted and monstrous, they must decide: do they fight back against a world that rejects them or accept that they are evil?.
- A Play of Shadows Six friends meet for an evening of roleplaying as they have done so many times before. But something is different about this night, the forest seems darker, the shadows are longer. Tonight something horrible will happen. A psychotic, erotic drama of 90ies goth.
- New larp: We Åker Jeep Think Improv theater turned up to eleven. You play all of the family members of a disfunctional and emotionally unstable family, going on their annual vacation trip to southern France. Mom, Dad, two kids and our teen girls boyfriend with us. This is fast paced comedy.
Saturday day – 11.00
- Strangers Strangers is an abstract, physical larp about integration. It explores the situation of refugees trying to fit in, and the reactions among the people who they try to fit in amongst.
- Born Under a Bad Star A musical journey which heavily explores flock mentality in a dystopian setting.
- Welcome, Souls! You’ve died, but that’s not the end of the journey. It’s just a path that all of us have to take. Before anything new can start you should make a difficult and ambiguous decision that is an essential part of the journey. Right now you are in transition –what happens next is up to you.
Saturday night – 18.00
- Human Experience Human experience is a physical, immersive larp. The players play ancient consciousnessess who shortly get to experience life through a human body and explore how humans move and sense. They do this with the help of a participating audience.
- New larp: Monsters Autumn have come to a small town and the children have begun disappearing. The grownups see nothing wrong, but four children, that suffer from nightmares, will soon discover that the monsters are not confined to their nightmares. A though roleplay about monsters, adults, children and horrible acts.
- WILT – canceled Wilt is a non-verbal larp about going through different phases after ending a romantic relationship. Every scene is introduced and instructed through a guided meditation, and includes different physical restrictions in which the two characters of the relationship in one way or another have to renegotiate the relation they have to each other.
- Z for ZAGS The Civil Registry Office clock tick-tocks in the silence. You came here with your decisions about marriage. What will the story become in an hour or two, comedy or drama?
- A Pint of Bitter The casket is buried, the flowers are wilting and the church is empty. It’s time for grieving and healing. It’s time for a pint.
Sunday – 11.00 to 16.00
- Space explorers Have you ever wondered of anyone was out there? Welcome to space Explorers a fun and co-creative larp where you get to be in control of the story, the lights and the Sound. Together you travel to foreign worlds of own design.
- Old Friends Back in the ‘90’s you were a team. You hunted ghosts together. You used an ancient technique that reliably bridged two worlds, and you put a lot of souls to rest. Like any team you were a mess of individual flaws, contradictions and rivalry, but it worked. It worked until one of you died.
- The Temple of drifting sand The dust devils were only sand dancing in the wind. They traveled throughout the great dune, and took the shape of diverse beings. Of these perishable creatures, the most magnificent were those who merged and became the temple of drifting sand. The scenario is non-verbal, and based on dance.